Wednesday, May 03, 2006

An Open Letter to Skipper McHale...

Skip,

Last night, I discovered that was left off yesterday's email distribution about tonight's game. After discussing the situation with O'Rourke, we came to the conclusion that, in light of recent team turmoil and rash managerial decisions, this was probably your subtle way of letting me know that I've been cut.

Assuming this is the case, I've enjoyed my time as a Pirate, and wish the organization nothing but the best in the future. Good luck with Landers at 1B--I guess I understand if you felt that you needed to go with a youth movement. Landers is almost 2 years younger than me, and in softball years, that's a lifetime. I guess I should have seen the writing on the wall when you and Marty went cooler shopping last week.

FYI...I've already been picked up on waivers by DEA. You'll have to compensate Pawlik with a bottle of malt liquor and a new pair of black Wranglers if you wish to retain the rights to my services.

Sincerely,
-Vandenberg

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Erroneous! Erroneous! No one was left off of the Pirates' distribution list; I just forwarded all game-related correspondence to both of you to prove this point. Your names and e-mail addresses are clearly displayed. Why you did not receive these e-mails, I do not know. If I were you, I'd beat your IT people about the head and shoulders for their insolence.

That said, I understand your respective decisions. The organization thanks you for your service and wishes you luck in your future endeavors.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home